My mom's birthday was Nov 22 and I took her to Sip N Strokes the day before Thanksgiving for a "open studio". I liked this because we could all bring our own paintings from the calendar and they would help us paint them! Mom had never been and even though she had no voice from being sick we still had a good time painting our first Christmas paintings for the holiday season!
| Our finished products, both hanging up in our house now! |
Now that it's Christmas time and unusually cold for Alabama, some places have already gotten snow! It's time for my flannel sheets, and I need to mention they are not just any old sheets they have PENGUINS on them!! I am so in love with penguins, they are just so cute and cuddly looking I just can't help it.
| Yay for cute and warm penguin sheets :) |
I can do this anytime of the year but I just feel like I need to do it to celebrate the holidays. And that is drinking hot chocolate! I love waking up and making a cup of hot chocolate or drinking hot chocolate after dinner while sitting by the fire or wrapping presents, it's just one of those things that can't be beat!
| Deliciousness :) |
I also love baking, which I really only have time to do at home during the holidays. One of my favorite things to bake for Christmas time is chocolate covered pretzels. It's not really baking but melting the chocolate then dipping the pretzels and sprinkles. Very easy for kids and very fun too!! These are pretzel squares and I plan on making pretzel sticks over the weekend.
I got this lovely mug a few years ago from my roommate at the time and I love everything about it! It's Christmasy, and its got "snow" in it. I got Starbucks in it quite a few times during finals week; def helped get me through them
From the above you know I like Starbucks, I'm not sure I know someone who doesn't like Starbucks. It delicious and makes me happy! Now what I love about Christmas over the holidays is the Christmas cup. It's red, cute, and so Christmasy! As soon as I got an email saying the red cups were back I had to go to Starbucks ASAP. I especially like Starbucks over Christmas. It makes me warm while I'm out in the cold, my personal fav is the peppermint white chocolate mocha, but the caramel brulee is good too! You should try both if you haven't yet.
Then the last thing I love about the Christmas holidays is reading!! I absolutely love reading all kinds of books, but don't really get much time to read during school because I am so busy with projects, homework, etc. I am a fan of Lauren Conrad and The Hills, and The City, which is where Kelly Cutrone is from. She owns a PR fashion firm that both Lauren and Whitney have worked for before. She was recently on Dr. Phil and yall should def look up that episode if you can VERY INTERESTING!! She wrote a "how to" book about how to find yourself. She is a brutally honest person which I love about her and the book talks about how to be yourself and be successful and the same time. I am about done with it and have loved it! It's a easy read and yall should all read it!
In case you didn't notice I am back in the blogging business thanks to the holidays. I hope to update more often and hopefully get some of my Christmas decorating pictures up soon too! Please hang with me as I attempt to get back into the blogging routine. Hope everyone is having a wonderful break and have a wonderful Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment